Who says you cannot have delicious-tasting food when you are on a weight loss diet? What if we told you that you can have great tasting food, satisfy your taste buds, and lose weight all at the same time? Here are some snacks that are not only healthy and easy to make, but also taste delicious:
1. No Bake Oatmeal Bar
No-bake oatmeal bars can help you fulfil your body’s protein requirement. These bars can replace highly processed, packaged protein bars that may have high sugar content. However, there are some brands that offer healthy forms of protein bars in India. You can either choose those or follow the recipe to create your own!
Ingredients: 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter, ½ cup honey or any sweetener of your choice (such as maple syrup), 3 cups rolled oats
- Pour the peanut butter and honey in a bowl, and microwave until to obtain a smooth and thin texture.
- Add rolled oats to the mixture obtained, and ensure that they are mixed properly
- Take an 8X8 inches pan, place a parchment paper at the bottom, pour the mixture onto it, and spread evenly
- Refrigerate the pan for about 1-2 hours, and divide the content into bars of preferred size
2. Smoothie Bowl
The best thing about smoothies is that you can add as many and few ingredients as you want, and in the quantities you want. Here, we share the recipe for a banana muesli smoothie bowl. All ingredients used are easily available in the market.
Ingredients: ¼ cup muesli, 3 tbsp water, 1 banana, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp honey, 1-1.5 cups milk
- Soak muesli in 3 tbsp water and refrigerate for 12-14 hours
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and blend until a smooth texture is obtained
- Pour the obtained smoothie in a bowl, and garnish with chopped almonds and cashews
Tip: You can also add a scoop of one of the many trusted whey protein powder in India in order to further enhance the nutritional value.
3. Low-Carb Brownie
Low-carb brownies are a delicious-tasting snack that you can munch on while following a keto diet. They have a fudgy and chewy texture, and can help satisfy your cravings.
Ingredients: 30 grams dark chocolate, a little over ½ cup butter, 3 eggs, ½ cup almond flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¾ cup stevia, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl; keep the melted butter and chocolate ready in another bowl
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the bowl with the melted butter and chocolate, and whisk properly
- Gently add the dry ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is obtained
- Preheat the oven; grease the baking pan using some butter or place a parchment paper
- Transfer the batter into the pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked well
- Let it cool for 30-40 minutes, and divide into pieces of smaller size for consumption
These are some healthy and delectable snacks that can constitute your weight loss diet. Incorporate these in your meal plans to avail the goodness of the nutrition they have to offer!